Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wild goose chase

Today was a full twelve hour day, starting at 530 this morning in the control room. I manned the desk for a while until about lunchtime, then I started on a pretty sizable log project.

The videos we're interviews with women who had read a popular book called 50 Shades of Grey, or gray, it's a character's name and I can't remember. From what I gathered in the interviews, it's about an S&M relationship between a 27 year old billionaire and a 21 year old virgin. Not exactly my type of literature, but it was funny and interesting to hear these women in their 40s talk about it. I definitely gained a new perspective from the three interviews I logged: one was a writer who liked the characters and dynamic, one was a level-headed mom who thought it was terrible writing but good exposure to a strange part of society, and one just read it so she could flaunt how comfortable she was with talking about her sex life with her friends. Nice variation.

I was also asked to find an unpopular book from '08 called "Crossbearer", do I called a few places until I found a store who said they had it in stock. After 30 minutes between walking and subway hops, I found my way into the cave of Christian literature in this store, only to not find the book and have an employee explain that it was probably an inventory error. At least I got to try a new subway line and see some more of downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment