Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bogged down with logs

It was an early morning today again, but I requested it in order to watch Sarah Palin as the guest host. Honestly, she was funny and entertaining, and even informative during certain segments. She co-hosted for one hour, and the segment I remember most was the one about raising teenage daughters. For all the hullabaloo raised yesterday, it was a pretty tame episode. We did get a bunch of calls anyways, but at least they weren't all negative. Some people still called just to rant and hang up, c'est la vie.

I logged a bunch of tape today, luckily it was on a subject that I enjoy: river monsters with Jeremy Wade. It was very interesting listening to his interview, especially the parts where he reflected on his viewership, and the qualities of the series that he thought contributed to it's success. I learned he'll be in on the show on Thursday, so I'll have to make sure to watch that segment.

River Monsters finished filming their 4th season. Logically and truthfully he admitted that the series didn't exactly have the legs to keep on going as it's going, but he mentioned that perhaps the show would morph into something else to keep fresh. I'm trying to think of ideas that would modify the premise while keeping the theme. It's unlikely that I come up with something legitimate before Thursday, but it's not unimaginable. So far I've learned that potential is everywhere, except when you rule it out, so I might as well brainstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment