Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fat Kitty Reincarnate and the Royal Wedding

We ran a story today on a cat named 'Meow' who weighs just under 30 lbs.  He was a chunky thing, and actually looked quite noble, despite the handler noting that fat animals are usually less happy than healthier, leaner ones.  This cat reminded me of the cat my family used to have as a kid - once called Tiptoes, then dubbed Fat Kitty once she became fat.  That cat was 6 months older than me, and it stayed that way until I was 10.  Some of my friends as a kid remember her sitting lethargically on some furniture in the basement, watching over us as we played N64.  This cat was up for adoption, and we only got one call about it.  Seems like pudgy cats don't have the draw that scruffy dogs do.

I spent some time today trying to get my resume from my crippled computer on to a computer here, to no avail.  My computer can't connect to the internet anywhere, and these computers don't recognize my hard drive, so I couldn't even do a little transfer that way.  I'll have to borrow my roommate's computer again and email myself the documents so I can access them at work.  I'm getting antsy - I want to apply for the page position ASAP, but technology's dark magic isn't having any of it.

I also stayed after 5 today to finish up some work - I had to record and copy the Royal Wedding special from last year.  It wasn't exactly work, I just had to mind the machine while it did everything.  There were no commercials (surprisingly) for the 2.5+ hours that I had to record, so I really didn't have to even stop and start to skip past them.  It was so long that it took three DVDs to finish.  I'll end up finishing it all around 8, which gives me enough time to visit the open gym back at the Y.  I missed playing basketball this weekend so I need my fix, especially after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment