Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One goal down

Today was busy, starting early in the morning in the control room. We had a ton of calls, and a ton of packages to RTS. I don't mind busy work while I'm here, I figure that's a good litmus test for my compatibility with this industry.

I caught Matt while he seemed to have a bit of free time, so I followed up on my request to see somebody to learn more about audience demographics. He and his assistant Jackie recommended somebody to me, so I'm now scheduled to meet with her tomorrow afternoon.

Seeing as I want to write for TV, and TV is all about audiences, and that writing is all about knowing/being able to deliver to your audience, this is some important info that I need to know. I have a general idea about it from classes, but I've learned here that a general idea in an academic sense is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to actually doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment