Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The one useful call

Control room today was more productive for me than usual, I left my iPad at home so I wasn't tempted to work on crosswords.  Instead, I worked on my South Park spec script, and I finished the basic outline for it.  Tomorrow I'll figure out the 23-26 scenes that I need to flesh out  the script, and then it pretty much writes itself.

I did get a useful caller today, the first one ever.  Besides people looking for transfers, calls which are obviously useful, most viewer calls are about story ideas.  Most story ideas are pretty bad; but of the at least hundred or so story ideas I've heard so far, I've passed along three, and none of them were picked up.  Today, however, I had a gimme, a caller with an offer that seemed like we would have an obvious interest in it.  I sent her info along with the situation along to a producer, and she followed up with a call.  I felt like a useful cog today, instead of just a functioning cog, which was a nice feeling.  Not that what I do on a daily basis isn't useful, but I don't often get to directly affect what will air before anyone else knows about it.  I really felt like the point of the shovel on this one, whereas I'm used to feeling like the shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment